Saturday, March 23, 2013

     “Achievement has no color” 
                                     ―Abraham Lincoln

This post is not a beauty related post. I am an Indian, South to be more precise, and was always told a girl is beautiful only if she is fair complexioned. I personally had no age and maturity to chose what to believe when I was introduced to this practice of racism between my own family. I pitied people with darker complexion and envied people with fairer complexion because I was neither dark nor fair. I was beautifully brown with a yellow undertone. By the time I realize what complexion i actually fit into I was forced into the darker complexion side. Before I could properly adapt or react, scrubbing away tan became my daily schedule. Most of my friends faced similar situations. 



The Asian skin care range was ready to cash this entire system. The so called fairness creams and whitening lotions were all over the place. The commercials did not concentrate on the product but they insulted every dark complexion man and woman in it. A woman would be rejected by everyone for marriage because of her complexion and she encounters this amazing cream from a friend. She magically transforms into a fair complexioned girl and the guy will fall for her. How ridiculous is that! That girl has no self respect and no identity apart from complexion? 


 I agree to the fact that there should be some skin care which ensures perfect cleansing and  moisturizing to repair the sun damaged skin. Personally my body which is not exposed to sun is relatively fairer to some parts of the body like face, hands and legs which are tanned and damaged by the sun and pollution. I don't mind using anything which even's out my skin tone. I have enough melanin in my skin which helps it look younger and healthier so obviously I don't need tan. People from western countries have sun bath's to get tanned because white skin has very less melanin so the signs of aging is very clear on their skin. 



Today, when I have brains to believe what I chose to believe, I seriously think beauty has no complexion. There are so many dusky beauties around us who are absolutely gorgeous. One should love a woman for her heart and not for her complexion. Its high time people realize this and stop taking unnecessary pains to look fair because only fair complexioned people know brown is beautiful in the long run. 

Love,
Mounika Roches 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanku so much for visiting my blog. I promise to keep your views in my mind and act. your comments are precious.